- Though you are welcome to include your own, the disclaimer at the bottom of this and all pages of the site apply to every piece of fiction posted here.
DisclaimerThe "Vampire Chronicles" are the copyright of Anne Rice and associated publishing houses. All works contained on these pages are non-profit amateur fiction. No infringement is intended. These stories are for personal enjoyment only.
- All stories submitted to the Archive must be set in the Vampire Chronicles universe or be a creative extention of it.
- Respect is important when posting to the Archive. This includes not only stories, but reviews, author's responses, author's notes, profile information, and comments. Most authors welcome constructive criticism, but flaming and personal attacks are not permitted.
- Plagiarism will not be tolerated. If you are caught plagiarizing the work of another author your account will be deleted. Every piece of writing you submit to this site must be your own.
- All stories must be rated correctly and have the appropriate warnings. The Forbidden archive uses the rating system found on FictionRatings.com. Please respect those who do not wish to read adult themed stories by labeling them appropriately.
- Please submit your story to the proper category. The submission form allows you to choose various categories for your work, so do not add your story multiple times. Duplicate stories will be removed.
- Titles and summaries can be read by everyone and must be suitable for all ages. No exceptions. "Please read", "Untitled", etc. are not acceptable titles or summaries.
- Always try to use correct grammar and spelling in all stories submitted to this site. We cannot accept anything that is difficult or impossible to read due to lack of spell checking and improper use of grammar. Paragraph breaks (a blank line between paragraphs) are also required to make stories easier to read. Site administrators reserve the right to request corrections in submissions. If such a request is ignored, the story may be deleted.
- Stories with multiple chapters should be archived as such and never as separate stories. Upload the first chapter of your story, then go to Manage Stories in your account to add additional chapters. If you have trouble with this, please contact us for help.
- Spoiler warnings are expected to be included on all stories that contain information that may give away parts of the original VC book plots to those who have not yet read them.
At The Forbidden Archive we balance an advocation to free speech and creative expression for no profit with a respect for all points of view.
Submissions found to be in violation of these rules may be removed and the author's account suspended at the discretion of the site administrators. These rules may be modified as needed.